- BioTorrents allows scientists to rapidly share their results, datasets, and software using the popular BitTorrent file sharing technology.
- All data is open-access and any illegal filesharing is not allowed on BioTorrents.
- We encourage researchers and organizations to share their data on BioTorrents as an alternative to hosting files through FTP or HTTP for the following reasons:
- Using BioTorrents can allow researchers to download large datasets much faster.
- BioTorrents can act as a central listing of results, datasets, and software that can be browsed and searched.
- Data can be located on several servers allowing decentralization and availability of the data if one server becomes disabled
- Please visit the Browse page to see a list of files available for download and the FAQ for more information.